Specialist Palliative Care: Summary of changes to service during COVID-19
- If specialist palliative care (SPC) advice is required by hospital teams, they should continue to call the Hospital Specialist Palliative Care Team, Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm:
- University Hospital Hairmyres DECT 4656
- University Hospital Monklands DECT 404174
- University Hospital Wishaw page 029 or extension 6053
- Outwith these hours, please contact St Andrew’s Hospice on 01236 766951 to request medical advice.
- To simplify access to the SPC service in the community, we have created a new e-mail address (previous community Macmillan referral e-mail addresses will be redirected)
- The new address is email@example.com
- This address should be used for all community SPC needs including CNS and consultant review
- It will be accessed seven days and all queries redirected appropriately. We encourage use of this email address for referrals or advice for all community palliative care issues
- The community team phone number is 01698 723299
- Out with these hours, please contact St Andrew’s Hospice on 01236 766951 to request medical advice.
- Hospice inpatient referrals for North Lanarkshire and Clydesdale should be made at https://www.st-andrews-hospice.com/healthcare-professionals/make-a-referral/ . Alternatively you can call 01236 766951.
- Hospice inpatient referrals for East Kilbride, Hamilton and Cambuslang/Rutherglen localities should be made at kilbrydehospice.org.uk. Alternatively, you can call 01355 202020.
- St Andrew’s Hospice continues to provide bereavement support for all of Lanarkshire via telephone
- Patients/families can self-refer by visiting