Updated 1st August 2022
Please see our Collection of Personal Data for Covid-19 Contact Tracing Privacy Notice
From Monday 1st August 2022, there will be no limit on the number of visitors that patients can welcome, however we ask that there is a maximum of 4 people at any one visit. Please adhere to the following guidance:
- Please do not attend the Hospice if feeling unwell.
- Lateral Flow Tests (LFT) will be available for visitors to use prior to each visit. However, this is optional and is not a requirement.
- There will be open visiting from 14:00 – 20:00 hrs every day.
- Children (under 18) are also welcome to visit.
- Faith representatives can visit outwith usual visiting times.
- Please complete a COVID 19 screening form (to check you have no symptoms of, or recent contact with, the virus). This will be given to families as part of the admission process and visitors are asked to self-monitor to ensure they do not pose a risk of transmitting the virus to our patients or staff.
- When coming in to and leaving the hospice, all visitors are asked to report to the Main Reception, and Reception Staff will provide guidance on signing in and accessing the patient’s room. When leaving the building, visitors should exit via the main reception where the receptionist will sign you out. It is essential that visitors sign in and out for Fire Safety.
- Please do not enter or leave via other external doors within the Inpatient Unit.
- There is no longer a requirement to wear a face mask when visiting the general Hospice; however, you are required to wear a mask when entering a patient’s room. Masks are available if you wish to use one at any time. Please sanitise their hands regularly during the visit and also on leaving the hospice.
- Visitors are advised to continue practicing social distancing from staff and other visitors who are not in their household.
- Our Dove Café will remain open between 10.00 -16:00 Monday – Friday. Soup, sandwiches, hot/cold drinks and home baking will be available. From Monday 11th July- hot lunch options will also be available
Visitors who have any concerns should ask to speak to the Nurse in Charge. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Appendix A St. Andrew’s Hospice Visitor COVID 19 Screening Questionnaire
Please complete the information below WITHIN THE LAST 10 DAYS:
|1||HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED A NEW COUGH?||Y / N|
|2||HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED NEW SHORTNESS OF BREATH?||Y / N|
|3||HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED A NEW SORE THROAT, LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL?||Y / N|
|4||HAVE YOU HAD A HIGH OR LOW TEMPERATURE OR THE SENSE OF HAVING A FEVER?||Y / N|
|5||HAVE YOU HAD CLOSE CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO IS SUSPECTED OR CONFIRMED COVID-19? (NB: CLOSE CONTACT IS DEFINED AS WITHIN 2M FOR MORE THAN 10 CONSECUTIVE MINUTES)?||Y / N|
|6||DO YOU HAVE ANY HOUSEHOLD MEMBER WHO IS SYMPTOMATIC OF COVID OR IS AWAITING A COVID TEST RESULT?||Y / N|
|7||HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD TO ISOLATE?||Y / N|
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, the person should not visit. Person Completing Form: