Updated 28th January 2021
We are pleased to announce that we have reviewed visiting to the Hospice with the aim of supporting and also maintaining the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
From Monday 31st January 2022, the number of visitors will be increased.
- In principle, for everyone’s safety and comfort, we aim to control the total number of visitors in the hospice at any one time.
- Each patient may identify a total of up to 8 designated family or friends to visit them.
- For patient and staff safety we require that anyone visiting the Inpatient Unit (including children) undertake a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) prior to each visit. Please upload the results of your test via this QR code before 12 noon on the day of your visit. LFT kits can picked up from your local pharmacy or ordered here: https://test-forcoronavirus.service.gov.uk/order-lateral-flow-kits/condition.
- There will be open visiting from 14:00 -20:00 hrs every day.
- Children (under 18) can visit along with designated visitors and do not contribute to the designated visitor numbers.
- Faith representatives can visit out with usual visiting times, again in addition to other visitors.
- Please complete COVID 19 screening form (to check you have no symptoms of, or recent contact with, the virus). This will be given to you prior to your first visit, and thereafter visitors are asked to self-monitor to ensure they do not pose a risk of transmitting the virus to our patients or staff.
- When coming in to and leaving the hospice, all visitors are asked to report to the Main Reception, and Reception Staff will provide guidance on signing in and accessing the patient’s room. Visitors will be issued with a fob to allow them to enter the ward. When leaving the building, visitors should exit via the main reception where the receptionist will sign you out. It is essential that visitors sign in and out for Fire Safety. Please also hand in your fob
- Please do not risk the safety of your loved one or our staff by allowing additional family or friends to visit via the external doors.
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask for the duration of the visit (unless they are exempt) and sanitise their hands regularly during the visit and also on leaving the hospice.
- Visitors are advised to continue practicing social distancing from staff and other visitors who are not in their household.
- Our Dove Café will remain open between 12.00 -15:00pm Monday – Friday. Soup, sandwiches, hot/cold drinks and home baking will be available.
Visitors who have any concerns should ask to speak to the Nurse in Charge.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Joy Farquharson Dr Catriona Ross
CEO Consultant in Palliative Medicine
St. Andrew’s Hospice
Visitor COVID 19 Screening Questionnaire
Please complete the information below
WITHIN THE LAST 10 DAYS:
|1||HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED A NEW COUGH?||Y / N|
|2||HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED NEW SHORTNESS OF BREATH?||Y / N|
|3||HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED A NEW SORE THROAT, LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL?||Y / N|
|4||HAVE YOU HAD A HIGH OR LOW TEMPERATURE OR THE SENSE OF HAVING A FEVER?||Y / N|
|5||HAVE YOU HAD CLOSE CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO IS SUSPECTED OR CONFIRMED COVID-19?
(NB: CLOSE CONTACT IS DEFINED AS WITHIN 2M FOR MORE THAN 10 CONSECUTIVE MINUTES)?
|Y / N|
|6||DO YOU HAVE ANY HOUSEHOLD MEMBER WHO IS SYMPTOMATIC OF COVID OR IS AWAITING A COVID TEST RESULT?||Y / N|
|7||HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD TO ISOLATE?||Y / N|
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, the person should not visit.
Person Completing Form: