This one day course is for health and social care professionals working with patients at the end of life.
It will provide:
- Knowledge and understanding of the dying process and common symptoms in the last days of life
- Knowledge of principles and national and local guidelines on caring for people in the last days and hours of life
- Knowledge of the place of nutrition and hydration in the last days of life
- An understanding of the ethical dilemmas that arise in relation to decision-making in the last days of life
- Knowledge and understanding of culture, beliefs and rituals that guide practices before and after death