The Lemosho Route
21st- 31st March 2019
The Lemosho route certainly outshines the other routes in terms of scenery, structure and well-paced days, with enough time to rest and acclimatise. The route is designed to trek high during the day and then sleep at a lower altitude at night to help your body to acclimatise and adapt to the thinner air.
Beginning in dense tropical rainforest, the Lemosho route is stunning and takes us on a journey through five varied climatic zones, passing through some of the mountain’s most scenic features – the Shira Plateau, views of Mount Meru in the distance, the Barranco Wall and Karanga Valley – on the way to the summit. As we traverse around the mountain, we walk in the shadow of the mighty Kibo peak, making for a very dramatic ascent.
Each night we will dine and sleep in our own private camp, with a mess tent with tables and chairs for eating in, three man tents on a twin-share basis to sleep in and private toilets.
Click here for the full itinerary.
Information Night: Monday 29th October at 7pm in St Andrew’s Hospice
£200 deposit, followed by £4200
– International Flights
– Action Challenge Mountain Leader
– UK Doctor (carries full expedition medical kit)
– All transfers in local vehicles
– English-speaking head guide and assistants
– Team of specialised local porters (approx 2.5 pp)
– All accommodation (on a twin share basis):
• 2 nights in a comfortable 3* hotel
• 5/6 nights in private tents
– All meals, except in free time
– National Park entrance fees
– 18% Tanzanian Tourism VAT (Introduced 2016)
– Plenty of treated drinking water
– Private toilets
– Celebration dinner with certificate/medal ceremony
– Pre-event challenge briefing
– Fitness and training guide
– Discounts on kit to buy and hire
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
– Travel insurance (trekking up to 6,000m)
– Tanzanian Visa (£40)
– Tips for local staff (USD $150 recommended)
– Sleeping bag (four season recommended)