The success of our shops depends entirely on the generous donations of quality goods. So when you’re clearing out your wardrobe or getting rid of the contents of your home, bring your good quality clothes, jewellery, books, china, bric-a-brac, toys and home furnishings to your local St Andrew’s Hospice shop.
Donations are always welcome and all proceeds help us to provide specialist palliative care services for local people living in North and South Lanarkshire.
Items we can sell
- Unwanted gifts
- All items of clothing in good condition; including baby, children’s, ladies’, men’s, wedding and occasion wear
- Jewellery (except pierced earrings), accessories, shoes
- Kitchenware, glassware, china, pictures, knitted items, curtains, linens
- Musical instruments
- Camera equipment
- Home/garden furniture
- Upholstered furniture (with fire labels)
- Small electrical items (not white goods).
We can accept clothing items in an unsaleable condition as we recycle from each store and this contributes to funds needed to provide specialist palliative care to the people of Lanarkshire.
Items we cannot accept
- Broken or incomplete items (toys, games etc)
- Gas appliances
- Paraffin stoves
- Storage heaters
- Gas or electric heaters
- White goods
- Upholstered furniture without sufficient safety labels
- Electric blankets
- Shavers/foot spas (unless brand new)
- Sunbeds/tanning equipment
- Safety/cycle helmets
- Riding hats
- Climbing equipment
- Safety equipment
- Power tools
- Toys without CE label
- Home recorded DVDs, computer games, video, audio tape, CDs etc
- PCs, laptops, notepad computers, hard drives
- Sharp knives or weapons; swords, crossbows etc
- Guns, ammunition and replica guns
- Medical equipment/mobility equipment
- Items made from endangered species.
Sometimes we need to turn away items. This is mainly due to legal, health and safety or quality reasons. If you are unsure if your proposed donation would be of use, please contact us online or call 01236 766951.