The refurbishment works at St Andrew’s Hospice Henderson Street home are now underway and work is progressing quickly.
What work has been done so far?
- Foundations have been laid for the four new extensions and the new bay window (in what was previously our Day Hospice garden)
- A soft strip of the ward and kitchen areas is taking place. This involves stripping the door frames, ceilings, skirting boards, floor coverings etc.
- All non load bearing walls in the basement have been removed
The next steps include:
- Once propping is in place, the demolition will commence
- The installation of new drains and structural steelwork
Be sure to check in with our Refurbishment Blog regularly to keep up-to-date with the progress.
The refurbishment work will cost around £9m. We have therefore been running a Capital Appeal to raise the necessary funds to pay for this. To date, the St Andrew’s Hospice Capital Appeal Team have raised £4.9m of the £9m target. To donate to the Capital Appeal, book tickets to upcoming events or for advice on holding your own fundraiser for the Appeal, please visit our Capital Appeal webpage.