You can support your local nursery or primary school, as well as St Andrew’s Hospice, by sending Teddy on an exciting adventure!
Teddy Bear’s Travels is a unique event in which a nursery class, infant department or a whole school can get involved.
We send all participating nurseries and schools an education pack and resources along with a St Andrew’s Hospice Teddy Bear.
The Hospice Teddy Bear is the focal point of the learning, making it the perfect mix of education and fun. The educational resource pack is filled with activities and planning materials which link directly to the Curriculum for Excellence. This will enable pupils to discover about being Responsible Citizens, Effective Contributors, Confident Individuals and Successful Learners.
Participating nurseries and schools are asked to hold their own Teddy Bear themed fundraising activity to support St Andrew’s Hospice.
In 2019, nearly 4000 Nursery and Primary 1 pupils took part in Teddy Bear’s Travels, taking their St Andrew’s Hospice Teddy Bears on exciting adventures. Some went on a Bear Hunt, some enjoyed a Teddy Bear’s Picnic and Buzz the Bear even travelled to the International Space Station on board the Space Exploration Technologies Corporation Flight 17 (YES, REALLY!)
The children and their teachers share Teddy’s experiences with our Hospice team and this year, you can get involved too!
You can send Teddy on more epic adventures in 2020!
150 teddies are waiting to go on an adventure with a new class and help them learn about St. Andrew’s Hospice.
Sponsor a Bear (suggested donation of £20)
In return for your support, you will receive:
- A special e-mail from Teddy to thank you, which will include a personalised picture for you to keep, print out or share on social media
- You will be informed when Teddy arrives safely at their new school
- You will also receive a thank you letter or picture from the children at the Nursery or School your Teddy visits.
Adopt a Bear (suggested donation of £50)
If you would like to adopt a bear, you will receive all of the above, plus:
- An opportunity to attend a Teddy Bear’s Tea at St. Andrew’s Hospice
- At the Teddy Bear’s Tea, you will meet some of children who have taken part in Teddy Bear’s Travels, who will tell you first-hand what their bear has been up to
- We will also thank you on our Facebook and Twitter channels
To sponsor or adopt a bear, please complete the form below.
If you would like to know more about Teddy Bear’s Travels, St Andrew’s Hospice or how to sponsor more than one bear, please get in touch with:
- Ross Grant at [email protected]
- Or contact the Schools Team on 01236 772081