Make a Referral
Who can refer?
- Consultant Medical Staff
- Junior Medical Staff with Consultant approval
- Ward Sisters and Staff Nurses with Consultant approval
- General Practitioners
- District Nurses and Macmillan nurses with GP approval
- Allied Health Professionals
- Self-referral (for Support Services only)
Preferred Route for Routine Referrals
- The completion of the appropriate referral form. These can be accessed from the tabs below.
- The Hospice will endeavour to respond to the referrer within 48 hours. This may include advice to the referrer and/or the offer of an assessment visit to the patient if appropriate.
To contact us:
Telephone:- 01236 766951
Please complete St Andrew’s Hospice Inpatient referral form, which can be downloaded here.
Advice regarding this is available during office hours from the Medical Secretaries on 01236 772019/772020. Completed referral forms should be submitted whenever possible by secure email (eg. @nhs.net, @any.scot.nhs.uk, etc) to the designated Hospice referral email address: [email protected]
Fax and postal referrals should be avoided to ensure that referrals are reviewed as quickly as possible and patient sensitive information is shared in accordance with Caldicott guidelines. However if essential, a completed St Andrew’s Hospice referral form should be faxed from a secure line to the hospice medical fax number 01236 772045 and receipt of this checked during office hours on 01236 772019/772020.
Postal referrals must be marked private and confidential for the attention of a designated clinician.