We are supported by over 600 volunteers who commit their time and energy to enable us to provide vital care for our patients. So it’s no exaggeration to say that we would not be able to run successfully without our generous volunteers!
We have an amazing mix of volunteers; from those who come on board for a few months to learn new skills, to volunteers who have been with us since we opened over 30 years ago. This diversity is something we really value as each person brings something different to the role.
Within the fundraising team, you can volunteer in a variety of different ways;
We need volunteers who can help out at our fundraising events and we’d love it if you could join our team.
View our events calendar to see what’s coming soon.
Event volunteering is a great way to:
- Gain events experience and build your CV
- Meet lots of interesting people
- Develop skills such as communication, teamwork, customer service and event organisation
- Experience a wide range of exciting events, such as the Midnight Walk, It’s a Knockout and the Santa Dash & Reindeer Run
- It’s a great way to have fun!
Typical event/campaign volunteer roles we need support with are:
- Promotion of our events within your local community
- Pre-event support
- Assistance with event set-up
- Registration and de-registration
- Providing refreshments for participants – tea/coffee/water/bananas
- Driving (where appropriate)
- Photography (where appropriate)
- Medal presentation
- Card writing – handwrite special cards for our Light up a Life campaign
- Provide excellent customer service and encourage participants to continue to support our cause.
To view all current volunteer opportunities, please visit our Join Us webpage.
For more information, please contact us online or call our Fundraising Team on 01236 766951.